Bill Scarratt D324


After leaving the Army and obtaining a Commercial Helicopter Flying License I went into helicopter crop spraying.
I was based at Wellesborne Mountford Airfield in Warwickshire, near to Stratford upon Avon.
One day, whilst I was in the office the phone rang and a voice said,"Billy, it's me, Bobby Jarrett."

Christ!, I thought to myself, he's found out where I am, Is there no peace?
I then made the usual inquiries. Where are you, where are you living,
what are you doing?

"I'm in Peterborough", he says, "I'm running a nicker factory, I'm the manager over 250 women, making nickers, bras and womens underwear.

"Bloody hell, Maggot, you've dropped on your feet there."

"No, Billy, I daren't go in the factory, They've already stripped one of the lads naked, when he went onto the shop floor".
"I have to go home early in case they're waiting for me, they're worse than blokes, effing and blinding, showing their boobs through the office window and making Nescafe gestures, I'd rather be back in the Falklands".
"I don't know if they frighten their husbands and boyfriends but by Christ,they frighten me".
This is the Maggot, still at it.